Sunday, September 19, 2010

Bronxville New York


Last weekend I had a WONDERFUL chance to spend some time with KIVU friends in Bronxville, New York. Jamie Jo worked out a weekend with one of our KIVU families who were interested in sharing what we're doing out here in Colorado with some New York teens. I showed up and talked with parents interested in knowing what was going on with teenagers today, and they were so gracious.

The next day was filled with football games, and then a youth event with the local church. We talked about some of the curriculum we work on at KIVU, and they were intrigued. I'll be surprised if we don't have more teenagers and families out here in Colorado next summer.

The weekend ended with a formal parents night, and what a night it was. I think some parents are so surprised to know what's really going on in the teenage world, but they're more excited about partnering with organizations like ours.

Thanks to the families who made the September 11, weekend special in New York. I won't forget the time I spent up there, and I hope the KIVU team will be returning soon. Thanks so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment