Wednesday, May 18, 2011

daylight and sunset




I'm so excited! This month I have had the opportunity to travel through and visit family/friends in 4 states, 7 cities, and then go on so many more adventures! But the best part of all this movement is at the end of my travels. CAMP! Gosh...I have been ready since August 2010 to be back in the middle of these two mountain ridges! I realize that you can never have a bad outlook on life when your view is from a standpoint like that! But camp for me is waking up to the smell of fresh dew on the grass, walking up to the office when all camp is still asleep (minus Jamie Jo and the good morning guy), listening to the soft whir of the hummingbirds, seeing the sun creep over the treetops, and then knowing that my day only gets so much better!


Camp is home to so many people, and for me it is this amazing feeling of familiar comfort. And that feeling is back with camp again for another year! I think the leadership team can all agree that in the time we have spent together, we have grown so much. We enjoyed our building time when making decisions and planning this summer's activities and parties. We prayed over campers, families, staff and all the things that God will be working on this summer at Kivu. And it was incredible the community we all felt together for camp! God's presence was all around as we planned for camp, we grew so much, and we are ready for camp! Are you?


I think John Wayne said it best in The Cowboys: "We're burning daylight!" So get ready because this summer is going to change your life!!


-Katlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment