Thursday, July 14, 2011

There's Something Special Going on Here



Something special is happening at KIVU, and the world is noticing. I'm starting to get a lot of e-mails and comments on various social media outlets letting me know how important the 2011 KIVU summer has been for students who spend time here.

"I do not know what you are doing at KIVU but I wanted to tell you that I just received the most excited and longest letter my son has ever written me. He is excited about what he calls "your world view," your 3 books (which he said are the kinds of books I read), The Institute, Gap Year, and of course all things Kivu. I just wanted to give you that positive feed back before they leave on Saturday to let you know you are definitely making an impact."
-KIVU MOM-

When people ask, "So why KIVU? What's the big difference between KIVU and every other summer program?" I find myself kind of scratching my head and saying...
Maybe it's the community of people who care for one another...
Maybe it's the Best in Class Colorado Adventure students get to participate in...
Maybe it's the ability for people to just be people. They don't have to prove anything for love here...
Maybe it's the parties we throw...
Maybe it's the friendships...
Or Maybe, its just God moving here. His Spirit is dwelling in this place, and teenagers sense it. They know something special is happening, and I couldn't agree more.

2011 Summer is shaping up to be one of the best we've ever had out here in Colorado. The weather is perfect, the teenagers are smiling, and God is moving.

What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment