Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Kitchen Staff Bonding


Today, the kitchen staff, kitchies and cooks, headed up to the lake to relax and soak up the sun! We have been working on the dock for the past couple weeks but it we are excited to announce that the lake will be up and running for the remainder of the summer!

Let me take a minute to introduce myself. My name is Jeanne Arthur from Boerne, Texas and I am the dining hall discipleship leader this summer. I go to Baylor University and would love to work in the network side of disaster relief after graduating. I have had the joy and privilege to be surrounded by amazing college students who are serving Kivu through the maintenance of meals and cleaning of the kitchen. We are reminded daily that we have been given able bodies to joyfully serve the Lord by serving the children at this camp.

One of my favorite parts of my position is "kitchie bonding." Here is a picture from today's fun! We are having a great time watching your children bond during meal times with their cabins and new friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment