Thursday, April 28, 2011

One Week Closer

I’ve had the summer countdown going on my computer for quite some time now. It’s funny how the number can seem so daunting, but little by little it ticks away until suddenly what you’ve been waiting for is right around the corner. Well, what I’ve been waiting for is getting back to Kivu, and I’m overjoyed to see that it’s so close. Bear with me as I try to explain why.

For me, Kivu means community. Sure, we have awesome trips, great programs, and fantastic food (shameless plug for the kitchen), but that all falls flat unless it’s bound with love for one another. Colossians 3:14- “Beyond all these things put on love, which is the perfect bond of unity.” This is why I look forward to camp each summer: because I know that I will be refreshed as I live life alongside people who are excited to wake up and see what God’s going to do each day.

The leadership team was fortunate enough to get a little taste of the camp community two weekends ago when we gathered in Durango to start scheming for the summer. Even in just three short days I was reminded of what sets Kivu apart: the phenomenal staff, the breathtaking scenery, the insanely fun parties and activities, but most of all a desire to love on every single camper that walks through our gates as a reflection of the love bestowed on us by Christ. This is at the heart of everything we do, and I can’t wait to get started doing it.

So, if you’re a parent whose son/daughter is already signed up for camp, know that we are actively praying for him/her and are counting down to opening day! If you’re a parent who hasn’t signed up your son/daughter, what are you waiting for? Their summer-of-a-lifetime is just a few weeks away. Finally, if you’re a camper, you need to start getting crazy excited right now…and start brushing up on your dance moves.

The girls' leadership on our late-night snowshoeing adventure.


Counting down with you,

Emily


No comments:

Post a Comment