Saturday, April 23, 2011

Looking Forward to a Summer in Colorado...



"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

When camp ended last summer, I thought I was leaving Kivu for the final time. Only the Lord knew I would be back, and I am so excited about what this summer will hold! Here are some things I always enjoy at camp: fellowship with old friends, experiencing the joy of the Lord with people from all over the US, waking up to the view from the girl's field, the institute and worship, delicious meals in the warming hut, girls' night and other fun parties, playing games and singing songs on trips (especially backpacking), ultimate frisbee day, and playing outside in the beauty of God's creation (one of my favorite views from last summer is shown in the picture above).

Last weekend, the leadership staff met and cast a vision for this summer. Get excited everyone because this summer's going to be awesome! Before I drive out to camp in May, I will be planning for Bible studies, parties, and other fun things that will go down in almost one month. Can you believe how soon that is!?! I'll keep you guys posted on everything as it starts coming together more. I am looking forward to seeing what the Lord will do at Kivu this summer, and I am PUMPED to take part in it!! Get excited for a great time in Colorado. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment