Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Another Day in the Institute



We've been working with a P/R firm out of Dallas to help tell the KIVU story to the world. They've been immensely helpful as we try to identify our strengths, tell the differences between KIVU and every other camp in the world, and why parents should trust to send their kids here.

We've recorded some videos I believe that will help people see a true difference, but I decided to take the questions to the kids. So today in our Institute I just asked, "What's different about KIVU and every other Christian Camp you've been to?" The answers were right on.

"I feel like you have a great mix of structure and freedom. We have plenty to do, but you give us the ability to choose what we want to do." one student commented.

"I think the staff you hire are real. They struggle. They don't try to make Christianity out to be something it's not. We all have issues, and they're willing to help us work through issues rather than trying to ignore it and make the faith an un-achievable lifestyle." (I found this interesting)

"You don't tell us what to think. You give us the opportunity to think through hard issues. You're not preaching at us, you're inviting us to know our own faith. I don't know anywhere I get to do that."

"I've found my best friends here. We talk all year long, and encourage each other. We even had a cabin reunion this year in Edmond Oklahoma. Everybody flew in, and we had a wonderful weekend."

The comments just kept coming, and I wonder...how can we tell that story to the world.

The Public Relations company is out here this week just asking questions of the staff and campers, and they are BLOWN AWAY!!

"We've never seen anything like this. You're approach to allowing the Holy Spirit to work in the lives of teenagers is unlike anything we've been around. Every teenager should have the chance to experience a community like KIVU. The Love you guys give to everyone, no matter who they are, what they've done, or what they think is exactly what I think God intends for us."

Again, I'm humbled by the comments, but I'm eager to share this message with the world. We're on to something we believe might be a great model to help people live life together, rather than compartmentalizing their faith and wondering why it doesn't work.

It's a good day here at KIVU. I wish you could come and feel the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment