Friday, June 28, 2013

Leaning


The verse that I clung to in the weeks leading up to finishing college was: 

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight.” (Proverbs 3:5-6) 
As I process the different issues and points of loss from this summer the lyrics from yesterday’s 2Deep replay in my heart. 

“I lean not on my own understanding 
My life is in the hands of the maker of heaven 

I give it all to you God 
Trusting that you will make something beautiful out of me” 

(Hillsong- United Pursuit; “Nothing I Hold Onto”) 

As the days go by, the commonality between the terms thus far in the summer is the same that we experience throughout the year. 
Meaning, we are broken people living in a broken world. While we have the opportunity to know the joy and have a hope that will not disappoint - Romans 5:5 - we still feel the pain of injustice and betrayal that exists here on this earth.

Last night we discussed ways in which we can be involved in supporting efforts of justice with the mentality that while we cannot and never will be the solution or source of comfort, we are able to walk alongside them in faith as we point to our hope in the Lord that He is making all things new. 

It is awesome to know that here at camp we get such a limited glimpse of how God is working in the lives of campers and staff, anticipating that it will be brought to completion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment