Tuesday, June 16, 2015

When a Camper Takes Your Camera

Today at lunch I was planning on taking photos of campers enjoying meals and then talk about the joy of meals here at camp and the conversations that take place around the table. I was ready to go when all of a sudden Cy took my camera and started snapping hundreds of pictures. At first I was frustrated because my master plan was ruined, but I soon realized this could be interesting test, to see camp through the pictures of a camper. Scrolling through the pictures was hilarious there were some great shots mixed with some blurry messes, but I will share them below anyway.

Three years on staff after being a camper for five I forgot the joy being a camper. Some of my best memories from my teenage years have come from escaping to Kivu for the best two weeks of my year. At Kivu I was able to forget about all the businesses of life back home and just be MYSELF. There is so much joy to be able to live life with hundreds of other teenagers from around the world who want to have fun and talk about Jesus.

This term has been incredible and I cannot wait to see how this term finishes out and all the stories that will be told for years to come!

-Sam























No comments:

Post a Comment